Pervasive computing deals with the computational power embedded into daily used
objects. The focus of this field is to support the user with all those devices
by preventing explicitly interacting when doing his task. The system should
interact with the human in a rather implicit and non-intrusive way. Since the
number of devices and their current context used in human activity is variable
the system must be based on a flexible and reliable coordination framework. A
good coordination minimizes the explicit and intrusive interaction between
humans and computational devices.
The project Cell Computing Model is concerned with a new paradigm of the
computer science world. The stability of the biological organisms is examined
and transferred partially as new model to computer science. In the today's
computer science there are already models like Grid Computing or evolutionary
algorithms. They are concerned on similar problems. Contrary to the existing
projects, we offer a comprehensive solution, witch is easier and extensible.
Visit the Zeus Pervasive and Cell Computing site
for more technical information about the pervasive computing.
Our goal is to create a pervasive platform for application engineers. Therefore
we've created a modular and open framework architecture. It supports the
engineers in the usage of artificial intelligence, biological behaviours and
developing distributed systems in C++, C# and other languages.
The basic modules of our framework can be easily used to develop also common
applications for Windows, Mac-OSX and Linux platforms. It provides a hugh pool
of standard functionality abstracting the operation system API.
The current framework is called Zeus-Framework. It is built out of different
modules such as Basics, Mathematics, Pervasive Computing and Image Processing.
It serves as framework for the development of
- Dynamic and stable software
- Modular software by the use of software components
- Distributed applications
- Highly complex machine controls with distributed logic
It supports you in
- Designing pervasive behavior in your applications
- Language and platform independent interface definition using xIDL
- Serializing objects
- Distributing objects (remote method invocation)
- Creating and using classes
- Creating object hierarchy (XML based object hierarchy)
- Using genetic algorithmes
Zeus bring you following advantages like:
- high reusability of the software components
- Cost reduction
- Fast and stepwise development
- Software development with large teams, by exact interface descriptions (xIDL)
- Decentralized software development
- Complex systems can be simply built
- Use of Pervasive and Cell Computing Model
- Use of artificial intelligence
- Use of evolutionary software
xIDL: Extended Interface Definition Language
With the eXtended Interface Definition Language xIDL a generic language is
used to define module and class interfaces for various programming languages.
The language is XML based and allows customized extensions. Therefore it is
very flexible and extensible. More...
The C++ implementation of Zeus-Framework runs on different platforms such as
Mac-OSX, Linux and Windows. It's portable to other modern operating systems.
The C# implementation of Zeus-Framework is tested on Windows and uses
.Net-Version 4 at least. The current deployed framework version contains the
basic functionality only. More...
Open Source Project
The Zeus-Framework is open source (see LGPL lizence).
If you are interested working on this project as well, let me know. You'll find
my E-Mail here.